Monday, February 15, 2010

NY Pipe Club meeting / Miami Cigar Event

Hello again, it's been a while since I've posted anything. A lot has happened since the last posting. I went to the February meeting of the NY Pipe Club and also attended the Miami Cigar event at Barclay Rex in NYC.

Had the pleasure of attending the meeting of the NY Pipe Club this past Tuesday February 9th. As always it was held at Florio's / Three Little Indians on Grand Street in Little Italy. We started out with a nice Italian meal, followed by a night of pipe smoking. We had a fabulous turnout with quite a few first timers joining us. Peter, our resident treasurer and webmaster, brought in a few odd named pipe tobacco. One was called Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard and the other was called Frenchy's Sonza Bitches.

I was able to smoke the Ol' Limey Bastard, which is heavy on the Latakia. I thoroughly enjoyed this tobacco and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys smoking the non-aromatic blends. We had a wonderful time at the pipe club meeting and I look forward to report on the March meeting.

Thursday and Friday February 11th and 12th from 12 noon - 5pm Barclay Rex, 75 Broad Street, hosted the Miami Cigar event. This featured, among others, the Aurora cigar, the Leon Jimenez, the Murcielago cigar among others that Miami Cigar handles. Unfortunately the Miami Cigar representative got snowed in and was unable to attend the event. They had a buy 2 get 1 free deal with the free cigar being two new sizes in the Leon Jimenez line. I bought one of the Murcielago, one of the Leon Jimenez and an additional Leon Jimenez in the new sizes. Smoked the two Leon Jimenez, which smoked wonderful. Haven't smoked the Murcielago yet but this is the retail size to the one I reviewed in an earlier posting on my Blog site. Hopefully it'll smoke as well as the one I smoked for the 50 Best event.

Well I could go on forever but I'll leave you while I go load my pipe with Black Dawg pipe tobacco and my iPod with Led Zeppelin's Black Dog.

Till the Cigar Ash gives us details on the next event, I look forward to reporting from the annals of the pipe and cigar world. In the meantime I hope to hear from my followers on new cigars or pipe tobaccos that would be worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment