Sunday, January 2, 2011

DECEMBER 2010 PIPE CLUB MEETING



A belated Merry Christmas and a happy 2011 to my followers.  Sorry about the lateness of this post, but like most of you, I was enjoying a bit of the holiday cheer myself.  I'm sitting down with a lovely cocktail and figured that I've put it off too long and I should get to writing the latest installment.  As the title suggests this is my review of the year end holiday meeting of the New York Pipe Club.

As always we had a wonderful turn out of folks at this meeting and we also had some brand spanking new members who came to support this wonderful past time.  In attendance was our current president Lou Carbone as well as our past president Vernon Vig.  We all sat down to a wonderful dinner followed by a round of drinks on the club, which as Vernon explained has been a tradition.  Afterwards we proceeded to the smoking lounge where we unpacked our pipes in preparation for smoking.

This evening featured a tasting of some wonderful blends from GL Pease.  The blends we tasted were Quiet Night and Chelsea Morning.  Quiet Night is a flake tobacco while the other, being the same blend, is a ribbon cut tobacco.  Also in attendance was a gentleman named Charles, who said he was a long time member.  Charles is the keeper of the 'leaf' and to that end he produced the suitcase of some unusual tobaccos for members to sample.

As always we had a wonderful time trying the GL Pease blends, one of the author's favorites, and celebrating the holidays with the members.

Our next meeting is January 11th, 2011, it's hard to believe 2010 is in the rear view mirror, and hopefully we'll have some interesting tobaccos to taste.

As always I'll keep my ear to the cigar / pipe ash to see what events are in the works.

Oh, least I forget, here's the link to the pictures of that fun evening.  NYPC FINAL MEETING 2010

Hope to see you at the first pipe club meeting of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment